The Course will cover the following topics:
- Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Why choose ABA
- Why do professionals disagree with some fundamental issues?
- Planning for an ABA program
- What are the components of programming?
- What skills should we work on?
- How do i know what is competing behavior?
- How do we target a skill?
- Essential concepts
- Shaping, chaining, task analysis, generalization & maintenance
- What are receptive & expressive skills?
Helping a child to become a willing learner
- Preparing to teach
- How do we make sure we are not missing out anything?
- What are the pre-requites skills?
- Communication goals
- How to develop communication goals?
- Should we teach in two languages?
- Should we teach augmentative communication strategies?
- Different types of rewards
- Fine tuning of the programme
- What should we use as a mastery criterion?
- Case discussions
- Practical emphasis on ABA teaching
The Course will provide:
- Theory + Practical sessions
- Q&A corner
- Class Recording
The following candidates can apply:
• Preschool + PrePrimary Educators
• Academic Coordinators
• Special Educators
• Psychology Graduates
• Clinical Psychologists
• Individuals pursuing ECCE, PPTTC or B.ED