The Course will cover the following topics:
- Intro to reading
- Reading boxes
- Reading books
- Experience stories
- Picture books
- Phonic instruction skill profile
- What is vocabulary development?
- Why should you do vocabulary development?
- How to increase depth in words
- What words to teach for vocabulary development?
- Components of effective vocabulary instructions
- Word learning strategies
- 10 best word learning strategies
- Strategies for challenging words
- What is reading fluency?
- Fluent vs non fluent readers
- Symptoms of reading fluency problems
- Stages of reading development
- 10 Strategies for improving reading fluency
- Reader’s theatre
- Poetry reads/ poetry stations
- Screening, diagnosis + progress monitoring of reading fluency
- What is reading comprehension?
- Level of reading comprehension
- Key principles of reading instructions
- How to spot reading comprehension problem
- Introduction to reading comprehension strategies
- Important points to remember for reading strategies
- Different types of reading comprehension strategies
Where can it be implemented?
After being certified for this course, you can apply your knowledge on all levels from Preschool to Grade 10.
The Course will provide:
- Theory + Practical sessions
- Q&A corner
- Class Recording
The following candidates can apply:
• Preschool + PrePrimary Educators
• Academic Coordinators
• Special Educators
• Psychology Graduates
• Clinical Psychologists
• Individuals pursuing ECCE, PPTTC or B.ED